Jefferson County Nonprofit Alliance, JCCF’s educational arm, provides opportunities for our community nonprofits to work together and learn ways to strengthen their organizations. By providing leadership to nonprofit organizations working toward long-term sustainability, we assure that the investment we make now will benefit future generations.
The Alliance draws from a wide range of professionals in nonprofit organizations and philanthropy to share knowledge in areas such as donor relations, board development, fund development, marketing and communications, and making successful grant applications.
- Cultivate board leadership that results in improved governance that is distinguished by active involvement, rather than passive ‘filing a seat’.
- Communicate with the public about the value of nonprofits and their important role in meeting community needs.
- Develop funding strategies that focus on building a base of individual giving.
- Institute strategies for long-term sustainability.
- Network with each other, explore potential collaborations, and share experiences.
The annual Grantmakers Forum brings together philanthropy professionals and the staff of local nonprofits, and is a great example of how the Alliance is helping to strengthen local non profit organizational capacity building. A panel of grantmakers review each grant application and choose recipients before an audience. Discussing the merits of each application and giving constructive suggestions for improved grantwriting provides a rich learning environment for nonprofit organizations.